Just how long does it take to build a house?
If you’re in the market to build your next new home, you might be wondering how long the process is going to take from start to finish. It’s an exciting time, and you’ll no doubt be eager to see the finished product sooner rather than later. But just how long does it take to build a house? Well, it can vary a bit. We have a very clear timeline in mind, and we like to stick to it as closely as possible. Once your land is purchased and you’ve completed the initial stages of planning and design with us, we’re locked and loaded to deliver your home. Usually this is around 6 months. Here’s a timeline of what you can expect from a Vivid Home Builders project…
Phase one: Before the project has begun
Phase one is all about planning. Once we’ve received your preliminary deposit, we’ll take you through the planning process:
- The shape, size and design of your floor plan
- The practicalities of electricals, plumbing, shelving, facade etc
Once we have these details, it’s time to progress to the next phase of creating your wonderful home. In your investigation into ‘how long does it take to build a house’, you should factor in anywhere between two weeks and four weeks, depending on the complexity of your plans.
Phase two: Pre construction
While your plans are off with council, we won’t simply be twiddling our thumbs and checking our watches. We’ll be gathering essential data to ensure the build runs smoothly. Soil testing and surveys will be top of our list! We’ll be consulting with engineering experts to ensure the build is both safe and compliant, and calculating the final costing based on your chosen inclusions. Once we have a clear picture of every aspect of your customised project, we’ll be able to draw up a fixed price contract to match. When your plans have been approved by local council, and your finance has been secured for the build, it’s time for the real fun to begin – watching your dream home come to life!
Phase three: The build itself
Now comes the best bit! How long does it take to build a house? For our team we’re proud to deliver the majority of our projects on average within 6 months of planning approval. And there’s a lot that goes into this bit, so stick with us!
- We’ll hit ‘go’ on booking the job in with our crew and a time frame will be allocated for your start date.
- Your land will be prepared to the working drawing specs, and the slab will be poured.
- Up go the frames and trusses
- In go the doors and windows (including locks)
- Your house will be enclosed by whichever external finish you’ve chosen (i.e. brick or cladding, etc) and your garage door
- The internal work begins, pre wiring, internal plasterboard lining, painting, tiling and more
- Next comes the cabinetry and countertop installation
- Then we install the pretty things such as the electrical and plumbing finishes, fixtures and fittings
- Finally, the finishing touches of vinyl flooring, carpets, clothesline, letterbox, driveway etc will be added in
And that’s it! Your home will be complete! We’ll then complete our extensive 300 point checklist, and do a final walk through (both on our own, and with you) to ensure your new home meets our high standards of finish and quality. Then all that’s left to do is settle in and enjoy!
Discover for yourself how long it takes to build a house with Vivid Home Builders. It all starts with a conversation… If you’d like to discuss your custom home design ideas with our team of experts, schedule an appointment, or visit our newest display home at 61 Spring Way, Nikenbah, Hervey Bay QLD, 4655.